Monday, September 10, 2012

So.. maybe a few more Trek chicks

I'm half falling asleep this morning posting about Romulan hair dues when it occurs to me that there are quite a few other Star Trek dues that warrant a mention.  These are in no order so, without further adeaux...

 Ensign Ro Laren from The Next Generation.  Some of the series she had her hair short, but kind of slicked back.  Not my favorite, but she's Bajorin so it didn't make me dislike her.  However, there was a few episodes that she had short bangs in the front.  Score.  Great hair, the nose ridge thingy and my most favorite earring from the history of Star Trek and you have a winner.

Major Kira Nerys, also Bajorin from Deep Space 9.  Therefore she has two things already going for her.  The nose ridge thingy and the earring.  Much of the series she too sported the slicked back Bajorin look, but as the series progressed and she matured as a character her hair just got better.

Kess from Voyager.  Her hair had various incarnations throughout the series, most were cute.  Her species had the whole faerie pixie thing down which made the character attractive, but like I said, I'm into hair.  Here you go

T'pol from Enterprise.  Vulcans are known for their great hair.  If I could use the phrase "it goes without saying" I would here, but I can't because you don't know my mind and you probably haven't attained master nerd status yet.  So let me just show you the friggin logical photo

Ezri Dax from Deep Space 9.  Her character made this an even more interesting hairstyle.  She is really a host and a symbiote.  The hosts change, but the symboite lives a long time.  The interesting part is that the symbiote has all previous memories of the hosts including the male and female hosts.  So one minute your hanging with your guy buddy and the next minute your buddy is in a chick suit.  So, this particular Dax (symbiote) is named Ezri and she came in later in the series.  Just fyi, she's 2 out of 3.  Short hair chick with a gun = 2/3.  She'd be a 3 is she was around a car, motorcycle or since we're here, a shuttlecraft.

One more for now.  Tasha Yar from The Next Generation.  This one gets an honorable mention because she was my first childhood crush.  That's right.  I really geeked out because I absolutely loved her character, but they killed her off, but she has a guest appearance a few seasons later (temporal paradox business, best to not think to hard on this one).  Her character in that guest appearance travels back and time and guess what?  Has a kid with a Romulan.  I'm so freaking giddy right now.  Her child becomes a major player in later seasons and she looks like Tasha, but a Romulan! Seriously, best for last.

Her kid.  That's right. A blond Romulan. Nothing more need be said.  I'm so geeked out I won't be able to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment