Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Nostalgia

What draws us to miss the things that once were.  Many people, such as myself feel the urge to replace the things that we once had.  Especially from childhood.  My mother bought me a really incredible Inspector gadget toy that i took to preschool and let a "friend" borrow.  I was of course devastated when he never returned it.  Now I want another one.  I find myself looking for things like Robotech toys (that were hand me downs), I'm content on my Star Wars collection but want G.I. Joe Cobra stuff because lets face it the bad guys look way cooler no matter what universe you're in (with exception to Robotech).  I've also been searching for Exo Squad (a variant of Robotech from the 90's), Centurions and Spiral Zone (both short lived series from the eighties).  There are the ghostbuster toys too, but I'm not overly compelled for those. I also had some He-Man hand me downs and some thunder cats, but once again don't have the longing.  Yet.  Here are some picks of the ones that I like.

I loved this one.  This is the commander from Spiral Zone and his sweet ride with the enormous cannon on top.  These are rare and very expensive so chances are good that I'll not own one again.


This is that traumatizing Inspector Gadget toy.  I know that mom didn't have much money for toys so this was a really great gift.  Granted I don't have money for toys either, but a boy man can dream can't he?


This is JT Marsh from Exo Squad.  I had a couple of toys from this show, but this one was always my favorite.


What boyhood collection wouldn't be complete without a jet.  A bad guy jet.  Dang cool.  This one is from latter in the G.I. Joe series.


Robotech.  What more need be said.  This is Rick Hunter the main Character.  The premise is pretty much that giant aliens attack Earth and to combat them that make jets that can transform into robots large enough to fight the aliens.  I know too cool huh.  There are several new versions of the toy that I would be OK with.  I'll show you an original and the new one.


I think that's about it this morning.

Oh, BTW, I got this git card that I totally wasn't expecting and was planning on spending it as fun money, but my battery died.  No joke.  Buzz kill, but what can you do.  Need car to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment