Thursday, September 6, 2012

Captain Amelia

I was watching Nanny McPhee Returns last night with my spouse and it sparked a conversation.   I was convinced that Emma Thompson also played Moira Panning in Hook.  I was wrong, which was weird.  Anyway, I go to looking at other roles Emma Thompson played that I enjoyed and there was Sense and Sensibility, but one that made me geek out was Treasure Planet back from '02.  Odd thing is some guys, usually the nerdy ones can find animated characters attractive. I'm not talking shrine in the bedroom obsessed, with the exception of maybe Olivia Wilde in Tron Legacy.  Anyway, Susan and I looked at some pictures of characters from Treasure Planet because Emma Thompson voiced my favorite character, Captain Amelia.  All I'm saying is that some animated characters are attractive.  It's only fair to list some attributes other than just looks.  Captain Amelia commands her own ship, is really tough yet refined and incredibly intelligent.  Aside from commanding a ship I pretty much married a woman just like that, minus the being an animated cat part.  I digress, here's a picture of Captain Amelia.  This is pretty much for the guys I think, but like I said she exudes a commanding presence while later in the film becomes a loving mother.  This is a great example of a feminine role  model.  Especially if you are striving to be an animated cat.  Just as a side note, I don't really like cats so this is a big step for me.  Just think about how terrifying that cat was from Star Trek V that was in the bar.  Total psycho.  Anyway here's the photo and I'm also throwing in a cos play version  as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment